Vasilika is a small village with important historical facts and magnificent mansions, built during the years of Venetian rule.
The predominant version of the name of the village is associated with King Palaiologos. In 1439 on his journey from Constantinople to Florence for the Ecumenical Council he moored in the port of Petritis.
The governor of the region, a noble Venetian or Conte Livius as he was called, hosted in his mansions , King Palaiologos, his brother Demetrios, the Patriarch of Constantinople Joseph and the representatives of the Patriarchal Patriarchs Sardion Dionysios, Nicaea Bissarion, the metropolitan of Russia Isidore, Dorotheos of Monemvasia and many other monks and monks.
The inhabitants of the village wanted to connect their name with the fact that a king visited it and they named their village Vasilatika.
Their presence in this small village of Corfu was of paramount importance for Greece, for Corfu and for this small village.
A noticable part of the village is its church, built with a special bell tower with important historical elements as at its base it bears the emblem of a lion, a characteristic symbol of the Venetian Empire.
After touring this beautiful village, with its green areas and the view from the hill on which it is built, it is worth visiting the two nearby fishing villages, Petriti and Boukari. The many taverns of this area offer fresh fish and calm summer dives and the joyful sounds of cicadas.
Little iremia Vasilatika https://www.instagram.com/littleiremia/
astriddetserclaes Vasilatika https://www.instagram.com/astriddetserclaes/